Real Estate Statistics
Property Types (active listings)
Browse Higgins Lake Real Estate Listings
Click the links below to sort results by price range.
- All Listings
No listings were found matching your search criteria.
Higgins Lake Homes for Sale
Higgins Lake is located in Roscommon County, Michigan. This rural area features beautiful lakes and rolling hills - making it the perfect place to settle down! If you are looking for a serene community with great amenities that will give your children plenty of ways to enjoy themselves outside, then this may be just what you're looking for. However, if you are looking for a busy area with all the entertainment and shopping conveniences of an urban center, then Higgins Lake may not be right for you.
Home sales prices in Lake Higgins:
Homes in Lake Higgins range from $49,000 to as much as $618,000. If you are looking for a smaller home with great views and waterfront access - then there is likely something that will meet your needs!
Prices can vary from a condo or townhome to a large house on the water. If you are looking for something small yet affordable - there is likely to be the right property waiting for you! Comparing prices in Higgins Lake is usually more expensive than in other areas. However, some buyers are willing to pay this price for the community amenities and waterfront homes! It's important that you take these factors into consideration if you're thinking about buying a home here.
Types of houses:
Higgins Lake offers many different types of houses that will fit into any lifestyle or budget! Let's take a look at some samples below. Higgins Lake Homes for sale can be found within a variety of different communities.
The first type is waterfront homes, which are also called lakefront or lakeside properties. These houses have an unobstructed view of the water and typically allow you to walk out directly onto the beach! This type of house may mean higher prices, yet it is typically worth the investment.
The second type of house you may find in Higgins Lake are cottages! These homes tend to be smaller and less expensive, but they still offer a beautiful view and prime location on the lakefront. While these properties might not have as many amenities or updated features, they can be a great investment for people on a budget or who want to spend more of their time outside.
The third type of house that you may find in Higgins Lake is a country home! These houses offer the convenience and amenities of an urban home, but they also have large expanses of land surrounding them with plenty of areas for kids to play! If you are looking to raise a family or if your children love to be outside, then this may be the type of home for you.
Country homes: These houses offer the convenience and amenities of an urban home, but they also have large expanses of land surrounding them with plenty of areas for kids to play! If you are looking to raise a family or if your children love to be outside, then this may be the type of home for you.
There are many different housing options in Higgins Lake including condominiums for sale, land lover homes for sale, luxury homes for sale, and waterfront homes for sale.
Higgins Lake Community Highlights
The community of Higgins Lake is great for families since there are so many things to do. You can visit the lake, go hiking or biking, enjoy festivals and other events - all without having to drive very far! This makes it easy to bring your kids along with you on fun outings while still being able to relax after a long day at work. There is a real sense of community in and around the lake. You may attend one of its many festivals or visit during the winter to help local families enjoy some ice fishing. Dining with the local families is also a choice.
Higgins Lake is a beautiful area, and there are lots of things to do here! Whether you enjoy water sports or would rather spend your time enjoying nature - there's likely something that will appeal to everyone.
This area is a great place to raise kids as there are several schooling facilities in the surrounding areas that have high ratings for their academic performance - as well as plenty of after-school activities! This makes it easy for families in Higgins Lake to find something they can enjoy doing, no matter what time of year!
- Disc golfing: Higgins Lake has a dedicated disc golf course available for residents and visitors to enjoy! This course is located at the Country Park, which also features hiking trails, picnic areas, and shelters.
- Hiking: There are many different places in Higgins Lake where hikers can find serene walks through nature - including White Oak Trail, Horseshoe Pond Nature Area, and the Country Park.
- Fishing: Higgins Lake is a part of Michigan's "thumb" - an area bordered by water on three sides and roads to other cities on its fourth side. This makes it prime real estate for those who love fishing! The lake itself contains many different types of fish, making it a great place to enjoy a day out on the water.
- Climbing: Higgins Lake is home to many different rock formations, which are great for climbers! There are also climbing trails available at White Oak Trail and Horseshoe Pond Nature Area.
- Boating: The lake itself provides plenty of opportunities for boating - no matter what size or type of boat you have! If you're looking to buy a new or used boat, then the Higgins Lake Marina is an excellent place for people of all skill levels.
- Roscommon Zoo: There is a zoo in Higgins Lake called Romsocommon that hosts many different animals and events! The zoo provides an excellent place for families to spend the day together while learning more about local wildlife.
- Picnicking: One of the most popular activities at White Oak Trail Park has got to be picnicking by the water. This area is perfect for families to enjoy a meal outdoors, and it's also where many community events are held!
- Rowing: There is a rowing club in Higgins Lake called the Grand Traverse Bay Yacht Club. This group has been around since 1934, and they offer several different types of programs for people who love water sports. If you're interested in learning more, then you can reach out to the Grand Traverse Bay Yacht Club at 231-386-1725.
- Horseback riding: Those who love horses and spending time outside might enjoy a day of horseback riding around Higgins Lake! The area is home to several stables that offer different types of programs for people from all walks of life.
- Biking: Bicyclists can enjoy rides around the lake on dedicated bike trails! There are also cycling routes available in Higgins Lake that take riders through some beautiful countryside - including White Oak Trail, Horseshoe Pond Nature Area, and Country Park.
- Gardening: If you love gardening or if you're interested in learning more about the plant life around you, then Higgins Lake might be an excellent place to live. Not only do many gardening-related businesses operate in this area - but there are also plenty of beautiful parks and nature trails available for people who want to enjoy a day out by themselves or with their families.
- Volunteering: There are many different ways that you can volunteer in Higgins Lake, depending on your interests! From wildlife conservation to leading a community event - there are plenty of options available for those who want to give back.
- Race go-karts: Higgins Lake is home to many different types of go-kart tracks, including the popular Tico Track! This track features plenty of curves and hills that are fun for both experienced karters and those who want to learn more about this activity.
Higgins Lake provides many other opportunities for recreation. There are local marinas that feature boat launches, kayak rentals, and cabin rentals - all of which can be used to enjoy the water! If you would rather stay dry while enjoying nature, then there is also a hiking/biking trail around the lake. This simplifies sightseeing since you don't have to go very far outside of town in order to enjoy the natural beauty around you!
Higgins Lake provides many opportunities for sightseeing since you don't have to go very far outside of town in order to enjoy the natural beauty around you!
What is important to remember is that there are lots of fun things to do in and around the area! The lake itself offers plenty of activities for people who enjoy water sports. You can also find great hiking trails, community events, festivals, and more!
Amenities in Higgins Lake :
- Higgins Lake Homeowners Association: Higgins Lake homes typically have HOA fees that cover access to shared amenities such as a pool, clubhouse, and more.
- Higgins Lake offers a wide range of amenities for homeowners - from community pools and access to shared waterfront properties. If you are looking for something small yet affordable or beautiful waterfront property, there is likely to be the right home waiting for you!
- The lake itself offers many activities which can appeal to people who enjoy water sports. You may also find great hiking trails and other things that make it easy to explore what this area has to offer! If you are looking for something small yet affordable or beautiful waterfront property, there is likely to be the right home waiting for you!
- There are shop centers in case you want to do some shopping.
- Higgins Lake provides many opportunities for recreation. There are local marinas that feature boat launches, kayak rentals, and cabin rentals - all of which can be used to enjoy the water! If you would rather stay dry while enjoying nature, then there is also a hiking/biking trail around the lake. This simplifies sightseeing for you.
- Good network coverage: The network coverage in Higgins Lake is outstanding! You can expect very few dropped calls and strong signals.
Attractions in Higgins Lake:
- Civilian conservation corp museum: This museum runs programs and activities which can appeal to people who enjoy water sports. This is a great place for nature lovers!
- Higgins Lake Country Club: If you love golf, this club offers an 18 hole course with a driving range - as well as tennis courts made of clay.
- North Higgins Lake State Park: If you live in Lake Higgins - then this park is a great place to visit! There are beaches, fishing areas, and cabins that can be rented.
- Waterfront properties: A big draw for many people who move to the North West side of Michigan is access to waterfront homes with incredible water views! If you're looking for something small yet affordable - there is likely to be the right home waiting for you.
- Marl Lake: If you love fishing, this marina offers boat rentals as well as some of the best walleye and trout caught in Michigan! This is a great place to take kids on your vacation.
- Gahagan nature preserves: This nature preserve has a great hiking/biking trail that is perfect for exploring the area. It's also close to Higgins Lake - so you can explore both places in one day!
- Local events: There are lots of local events which celebrate the culture, arts, and history of this community. The Lakeshore Art Festival takes place every year in August and brings together lots of artisans. This nature preserve is a great place to go for hiking or biking.
Schools Near Higgins Lake, Michigan
The schools in Higgins Lake are part of the Grayling Area School District. There is even a pre-school and Head Start center that can give your child an early start to their education! If you would rather homeschool, there are also several tutoring services offered around town, as well as online options for those who need more flexibility with their schedule.
Higgins Lake is located in the area of Roscommon and Crawford counties. The local ones are known for having both a good academic record as well as great extracurricular programs. Whether you are looking for a new school or your children attend one in the area, there is likely to be something nearby. However, Higgins Lake homes can be found located within a variety of different school districts.
Focused on Northern Michigan Investment Real Estate
Brook is focused on lifestyle real estate investment properties as most people want a vacation home to make lifelong memories that endure for their entire family, leave a profound legacy for generations, and they want a solid financial investment at the same time. While the area does have many good realtors, there aren’t many with the unique financial, vacation home investing, and technology marketing background. Brook uses his diverse skill set to help clients properly evaluate and determine whether a vacation home makes financial sense.
Continue Your Northern Michigan Real Estate Search. Explore homes and real estate in the Northern Michigan communities below or contact Brook Walsh to help you with your search.
Browse Other Communities
- Beaver Island
- Boyne City
- Boyne Falls
- Boyne Highlands
- Boyne Mountain
- Burt Lake
- Carp Lake
- Central Lake
- Crooked Lake
- Deer Lake
- East Jordan
- Elk Rapids
- Fife Lake
- Glen Arbor
- Harbor Springs
- Higgins Lake
- Houghton Lake
- Indian River
- Lake Ann
- Lake Charlevoix
- Lake City
- Lake Leelanau
- Mackinaw City
- Mackinac Island
- Mullet Lake
- Pickerel Lake
- Rogers City
- Round Lake
- Suttons Bay
- Tawas City
- Torch Lake
- Traverse City
- Walloon Lake
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.