Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||153|
Property Types (active listings)
Boyne City Real Estate Listings
|All Listings||Under $100,000||$100,000 - $200,000|
|$200,000 - $300,000||$300,000 - $400,000||$400,000 - $500,000|
|$500,000 - $600,000||$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000|
Boyne City Real Estate
Boyne City home prices begin around $100,000 and extend upwards well over a million. Streets form attractive subdivisions where yards are spacious and families have room to grow. Leafy trees dapple sidewalks in shade, while basketball hoops and hand-painted mailboxes mark the end of driveways. An active home buyer will find that it is possible to invest in a house of nearly any age in this market. Houses from the 1950s feature strong bones and many boasts renovated interiors. Cozy Craftsman designs from the '80s and '90s feature expansive floor plans that make for families.
According to the Northern Michigan Multi-Listing Service, the average sales price for a Boyne City, Michigan is $253,216, with a high of $3,900,000 on Walloon Lake in 2013 and a low of $5,000 for a homesite in 2005. The average sales price for a condominium in Boyne City, Michigan is $317,312, with a high of $900,000 at Sommerset Pointe in 2016, and a low of $31,500 in 2013.
Many of the older homes in the community have been updated to include modern appliances, refigured floor plans, and updated finishes. Additionally, older homes are often surrounded by mature landscaping. Trees have had time to climb higher and develop into impressive figures that provide ample shade in the summer and act as windbreaks in the winter.
Some Boyne City, MI homes for sale constitute recent construction. Often built within the past decade, these homes can range from luxurious estates to affordable single-family houses. On the high end of the market, explore homes with:
- Expansive rear patios
- Recreation rooms
Kitchens are equipped with top-of-the-line appliances and feature expansive countertops and gas ranges. Some of these kitchens are done up in stylish granite and clean whites, while others feature funky finger-tile backsplashes and vibrant accent colors. Walk-in closets link to master suites. Luxurious soaker tubs provide the perfect space to unwind, and impeccable custom detailing makes your home feel unique.
Check out this video of Boyne City
Discover Boyne City Condos For Sale
In Boyne City, condos for sale are one of the most affordable options on the market. Both apartment-style and townhouse-style condos are available. Apartment-style condos can be the perfect housing solution for those who want to own their own home and stick to an affordable budget. Condos for sale in Boyne City begin at a price of around $200,000 and can be as much as $800,000+ depending on the property. Since January 2015, the average list price of a condominium home for sale in Boyne City is $298,548 and the highest sale has been $879,000.The following are some of the Boyne City Condominium Communities:
Explore Boyne City Homes and Homesites For Sale
There are many homes and homesites available in Boyne City, Michigan. Homes for sale in Boyne City begin at a price of around $150,000 and can be as much as $4,000,000+ depending on the property. Since January 2015, the average list price of a home for sale in Boyne City is $276,222 and the highest sale has been $4,900,000. The following are some of the Boyne City Homes and Homesite Communities:
A Major Benefit of Living in Boyne City, Michigan is the Proximity to Lake Charlevoix - Check Out the Video
Living In Boyne City, MI
Affectionately known as "where life meets the lake" and from the moment you arrive, you'll see why. The community is home to a unique selection of attractions including Lake Charlevoix which has been honored among USA Today's list of Best Lakes in America. While the lake is the focal point, for things to do in Boyne City, there is never a dull moment. No matter the season, there is always something special happening.
From musicians strolling the streets to art festivals, to being named the Best Main Street Community in Michigan, you'll enjoy every minute of your stay. From a leisurely afternoon on the Boyne River to the beauty of watching a sailboat catch a summer breeze, to the roar of a high-performance boat participating in the Boyne Thunder event, anything having to do with fun on the water is found in and around Boyne City.
When it comes to gathering day-to-day amenities, residents can find most of what they need off of Water Street where several local retailers are located. For added convenience, Boyne City is only twenty minutes from the larger center of Petoskey where you'll find a much more diverse selection of amenities.
Recreation is abundant in Boyne City real estate. Boyne City also has a bustling farmer's market, an art district, and wonderful street music.
One of the most famous attractions in Boyne City is the National Morel Festival held every May. Morel mushroom hunters from around the country come in search of these gourmet delicacies. Other great attractions include Boyne Mountain Resort ski and golf resort, and Avalanche Bay-Michigan's largest indoor waterpark in nearby Boyne Falls.
Downtown Boyne City is the place to go when you're looking for great dining. The list of choices is long, the quality excellent and the opportunities to enjoy yourself are immense. There are more than 20 eating establishments in and around Boyne City, all offering a wide array of entrees.
Boyne City Main Street in Boyne City, Michigan is one of three winners of the 2020 Great American Main Street Award (GAMSA), which recognizes communities for their excellence in comprehensive preservation-based commercial district revitalization. Selected by a national jury of community development professionals and leaders in the fields of economic development and historic preservation, Boyne City is being recognized for turning their previously industrial downtown into a thriving destination to live, work, and play.
Another Major Benefit of Living in Boyne City, Michigan is the Proximity to Boyne Mountain Resort - Check Out the Video
Boyne City, Michigan Restaurants
- Red Mesa. Mexican, Caribbean, South American, Central American: all the flavors of Larin America are celebrated at Red Mesa Grill. They offer traditional dishes and exotic specialties prepared with the freshest ingredients using their unique and flavorful recipes.
- Café Sante. A casual, European-style bistro serving the classics, simply and with flair. Café Sante features Belgian beers, wood-fired pizzas, mussels and frites, panini, unique breakfasts, and casual cuisine from other fine European traditions. Serving Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
- Stiggs Brewing Company. Originally built in 1899 as part of the White Timber Logging Company, Stiggs’ building at 112 S. Park is home to Stiggs. Their menu was created to accommodate beer and taste excellent. They focus primarily on locally sourced items, cook from scratch recipes, and hand-crafted cuisine.
- Lake Street Pub. The Lake Street Pub is an iconic American-style Pub located in the heart of Boyne City Michigan. The building's rustic simplicity is brought to life with an abundance of natural light and the outdoor patio's beautiful fire pit adds a little extra warmth to those long summer nights.
- Sunnyside. Sunnyside is a local, owner-operated café serving breakfast and lunch. The menu focuses on creating from scratch comfort foods sure to please the locals and visitors alike. The name Sunnyside pays homage to the historic Boyne City landscape. The renewed café-bistro aims to serve up good company and memorable food.
- Boyne City Tap Room. Whether you’ve hopped off the boat and are looking for a bite and a brew, or you are stepping off the streets during a Friday night stroll, Boyne City Taproom has everything to quench your thirst and please your taste buds.
- Lake Street Market. Lake Street Market features gourmet sandwiches and soups, great pizza, hand-cut steaks, artisanal cheeses, unique wines and microbrews, handmade bagels and scones, cook’s ingredients, gift baskets, and catering. They deliver locally and ship nationwide from their single location in Boyne City, Michigan.
- Bella Vita. The only true Italian restaurant in Boyne City, Bella Vita may be the best kept secret in Boyne City.
Schools Near Homes in Boyne City, Michigan
The Charlevoix Intermediate School District (Char-Em ISD) is responsible for students in the Boyne City area. Char-Em ISD serves local school districts within Charlevoix, Emmet, and northern Antrim counties. The districts within their service area cover approximately 1,100 square miles and collectively operate 11 local public schools, three public school academies, and six private schools, serving more than 9,000 students. Boyne City Public Schools offer the following schools:
- Boyne City Elementary School
- Boyne City Middle School
- Boyne City High School
There is also a tuition-free charter school, Concord Academy, that is committed to fine arts as a necessary part of a child's education.
Focused on Northern Michigan Investment Real Estate
Brook is focused on lifestyle real estate investment properties as most people want a vacation home to make lifelong memories that endure for their entire family, leave a profound legacy for generations, and they want a solid financial investment at the same time. While the area does have many good realtors, there aren’t many with the unique financial, vacation home investing, and technology marketing background. Brook uses his diverse skill set to help clients properly evaluate and determine whether a vacation home makes financial sense.
Continue Your Northern Michigan Real Estate Search
Explore homes and real estate in the Northern Michigan communities below or contact Brook Walsh to help you with your search.