Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||87|
Property Types (active listings)
Browse Lake Huron Homes for Sale
- All Listings
- Under $100,000
- $100,000 - $200,000
- $200,000 - $300,000
- $300,000 - $400,000
- $400,000 - $500,000
- $500,000 - $600,000
- $600,000 - $700,000
- $700,000 - $800,000
- $800,000 - $900,000
- $900,000 - $1,000,000
- Over $1,000,000
Lake huron homes for sale
Real estate in the Lake Huron area has become increasingly popular in recent years. The proximity to major urban centers like Toronto makes these homes attractive to families. Meanwhile, the homes also boast of proximity to scenic views, excellent fishing, and hunting opportunities, as well as other outdoor activities that are sure to please nature enthusiasts. In addition, Lake Huron homes are also diverse, with some units being located right next to the lake, while lush forests surround others. Despite this diversity in location, all properties have direct access to the lake they are located in.
Here is a list of some things you should consider when buying a home in the Lake Huron area:
- House Prices. The current prices for real estate around the Great Lakes vary greatly depending on location, size, and general quality of construction. You should research this information thoroughly before setting foot into any real estate agency in order to get an idea about what particular properties would cost in your desired location and narrow down your options. Condominiums for sale on the waterfront are often pricier than properties that are further into the forests, but these prices vary. If you're on a budget, it would be best to stick with smaller units near the borders of communities instead of venturing deep into their interiors. Home sales prices in Lake Huron show strong year-to-year growth of around 8.7% and the average home price in Lake Huron is $287,693 – slightly higher than the Ontario average so this may be a good investment if you plan on staying here for a while.
- Lakefront vs. Non-lakefront Homes. While many people would definitely prefer living right next to Lake Huron, those who are able to afford such homes should consider that properties with lake access usually sell for more than those that only have waterfront views. While having your own beach is undoubtedly fun, finding public beaches nearby is also possible as most properties do not actually border the entire shoreline of the Great Lake. What you should choose ultimately depends on your budget, personal preferences, and the amount of time you plan to spend in that residence.
- Property Size. Lake Huron homes usually come in four different sizes: small (up to 999 square feet), medium (1,000 - 1,999 square feet), large (2,000 - 2,999 square feet), and luxury (3,000+ square feet). While the size is not directly linked with price, homes in the middle range often sell for more than those at either extreme. This is because larger properties are better suited to families who wish to have additional space within their homes, while smaller residences may be more suitable for single people or couples without children according to statistics. If your family is growing, you may want to consider investing in real estate larger than medium to avoid the need for expansion later on.
- Additional Costs. Lake Huron homes are generally sold with all appliances included, but it would be wise to request a full list of appliances from your agent before finalizing any purchase agreements. This will ensure that there are no unpleasant surprises during the move-in process. Other additional costs that should be considered are electrical, heating, and cooling systems as well as the cost of environmental protection levies if applicable. Finally, it would also be beneficial to check if any special taxes or fees are connected with Lake Huron homeownership.
- Legal Fees. The cost of legal representation may vary greatly depending on which lawyer or law office is chosen for the transaction and how much work is involved. If you are looking to save money, it would be best to choose a real estate agent who can provide you with impartial legal advice regarding your transactions in addition to their usual services. However, if this is not an option for you or you wish to have more control over the proceedings, then finding a lawyer through word of mouth recommendations from friends and family members may produce satisfactory results without breaking the bank.
- Real Estate Agents. You should consider seeking help from a real estate agent with experience in the Lake Huron area. They will have more knowledge about available properties and can assist you in finding one that meets your requirements. A good real estate agent will also be able to provide useful insights from their past experiences, helping you avoid unnecessary mistakes and future problems. Asking for a property inspection is a good way to determine if any major defects are present in the property before making an offer.
- Price vs Quality of Construction. Although Lake Huron homes vary greatly in price, it may not always be best to opt for the most affordable property you can find. In order to make Lake Huron's housing prices more competitive, some buyers move away from the main cities and choose to invest in smaller towns such as Goderich or Port Elgin instead. This often helps reduce property prices, but it may come at a cost of increased commuting time if you wish to work closer to home. As with all real estate transactions, it is best to consider both price and quality when searching for Lake Huron homes and never rush into an agreement without thinking things through carefully first.
- Human Nature of People. This is one of the primary reasons why people decide to purchase Lake Huron homes for sale. They want a home that is close to natural attractions they can use for either work or play. Furthermore, these places offer plenty of room for activities like picnics and barbecues during warm summer nights. Such proximity makes it easy to spend time with family and friends when not working on other projects or studying at school. These homes are ideal locations for retirees as well due to their proximity to healthcare and have good community overview. Good schools are also a plus, but parents must keep in mind that they may have to drive their children there every day if they wish to attend school without paying expensive tuition fees for private institutions.
These homes are also great for families with children because they can go outside and play. This is important in a time when childhood obesity is becoming more and more prevalent in society. It is the best way to keep your children active and healthy, especially when accessing such natural attractions via Lake Huron real estate.
Lake access is important, especially if you are planning to do some recreational activities on the lake. Find out whether or not you will have immediate access to the water and how many hours of direct sunlight can be expected in a day. This information will prove invaluable when determining which unit looks more attractive to you, and may even provide you with some insight into your future adventures around your new home.
Accessing natural attractions like lakes seems like a given these days. However, that was not always the case as some places may be too remote or difficult to reach by public transportation or cars. Fortunately, joining homeowners’ associations (HOAs) for Lake Huron properties gives you full access to community centers complete with resorts and marinas; all of which provide activities you can do on the water. The lake itself is also more accessible to homeowners thanks to its proximity.
These homes are not only perfect for individuals but families as well. This is due in part because of the accessibility via HOAs and Lake Huron real estate. For example, some units may come with membership rights while others may require separate fees. However, both provide access to recreation amenities like pools, parks, outdoor sports courts, beaches, and more.
Dining and Shopping
Lake Huron offers a wide variety of dining and shopping experiences because it is so accessible. Some options to consider include Coyote's Bar & Grill, Hardwood Paddle Cafe, The Hideout, and many others like them which you can find on sites such as TripAdvisor.
Lake Huron homes allow you to enjoy an abundance of features that other houses may not provide, giving you more freedom to do what you want when you want. For example, properties near the water's edge can make it easier for homeowners to access their waterfront cabins without traveling far from home. Other benefits include quick and easy proximity to major cities via Lake Huron Real Estate, allowing visitors or residents alike a massive selection of shops and restaurants they can visit at any time of day or night.
Lake Huron Homes for Sale According to Statistics
As previously mentioned, Lake Huron homes are most suitable for couples who want smaller families or single people looking to settle down in the area. According to statistics, more than half of all Lake Huron homes are occupied by individual owners or couples with no children. This is because many young families prefer moving into the major cities surrounding Lake Huron like Sarnia and London where they will find better job opportunities and access to large schools. On the other hand, older generations tend to choose Lake Huron housing as a way to relax and enjoy life without the hassles of loud noises and heavy traffic.
Purchasing a Home for Investment Purposes
An investor may want to consider buying a Lake Huron home for sale if they're looking to make a profit from their investment. Buyers can do this by renting out or reselling these homes, while also enjoying the benefits of living in the area while it lasts. As with other real estate transactions, it is important to remember that all investments carry risks. When making such a decision, one should carefully consider both potential gains and losses. It's also worth noting that many investors prefer purchasing new properties as opposed to pre-owned ones since used housing often requires repairs and renovations before putting them on sale.
In conclusion, Lake Huron homes have many benefits that make them stand out from other types of residential property available around the Great Lakes. Before making any decisions about purchasing a particular piece of real estate, however, potential buyers should carefully research all possible options to unwelcome surprises later on. The investment may be a good one but many factors must be considered before finalizing any transactions.
Focused on Northern Michigan Investment Real Estate
Brook is focused on lifestyle real estate investment properties as most people want a vacation home to make lifelong memories that endure for their entire family, leave a profound legacy for generations, and they want a solid financial investment at the same time. While the area does have many good realtors, there aren’t many with the unique financial, vacation home investing, and technology marketing background. Brook uses his diverse skill set to help clients properly evaluate and determine whether a vacation home makes financial sense.
Continue Your Northern Michigan Real Estate Search
Explore homes and real estate in the Northern Michigan communities below or contact Brook Walsh to help you with your search.
Browse Other Communities
- Beaver Island
- Boyne City
- Boyne Falls
- Boyne Highlands
- Boyne Mountain
- Burt Lake
- Carp Lake
- Central Lake
- Crooked Lake
- Deer Lake
- East Jordan
- Elk Rapids
- Fife Lake
- Glen Arbor
- Harbor Springs
- Higgins Lake
- Houghton Lake
- Indian River
- Lake Ann
- Lake Charlevoix
- Lake City
- Lake Leelanau
- Mackinaw City
- Mackinac Island
- Mullet Lake
- Pickerel Lake
- Rogers City
- Round Lake
- Suttons Bay
- Tawas City
- Torch Lake
- Traverse City
- Walloon Lake
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.