There's a reason this beautiful Northern Michigan lake placed second only to Lake Tahoe in USA Today's readers poll of America's best lakes. A boat tour of Lake Charlevoix will not only give you a beautiful day on the water but access to three of the Northern Michigans best small towns;
- Boyne City, at the eastern edge of the North arm, has seven condominium complexes located directly on Lake Charlevoix. (Click here to learn more about Boyne City, Michigan Lake Charlevoix Condominium Investment opportunities)
- Charlevoix, on the lakes western edge, has two condominium complexes located directly on Lake Charlevoix. (Click here to learn more about Charlevoix, Michigan Lake Charlevoix Condominium Investment opportunities)
- East Jordan, at the end of the lake south arm, has four condominium complexes located directly on Lake Charlevoix. (Click here to learn more about East Jordan, Michigan Lake Charlevoix Condominium Investment opportunities)
A shallow ledge, which outlines the entire lake, makes Lake Charlevoix ideal for anchoring and relaxing the day away.
Boyne City, Michigan - Lake Charlevoix Condominium Investment Opportunities
Boyne City is the epitome of a charming Northern Michigan town; where familiarity runs deep and waves exchanged by those passing by. With roots that date back as far as 1856, Boyne City has always been cherished for its small-town allure and relaxed way of life. Surrounded by the peace and tranquility of nature, friendly locals, waterfront wonders, and endless nature trails to explore, Boyne City might be just the rural paradise you're looking for. Traditional communities, all built within the last several decades, woven together with a lovely little downtown area that residents adore. For these reasons, it's no surprise that Boyne City real estate attracts all types of buyers, from young professionals to families to retirees. It's easy to live an active lifestyle in this vibrant community, as neighbors quickly become friends and partake in all sorts of activities and events. Here are the Lake Charlevoix investment condominiums in Boyne City, Michigan:
- The Harborage is a private residential association of 102 condominium homes located in Boyne City, Michigan. The Harborage enjoys nearly one-half mile of frontage on beautiful Lake Charlevoix with all homes overlooking either the lake or the marina.
- Harborage Bay Condominiums are located in downtown Boyne City, Michigan and enjoy 200 feet of shared frontage on Lake Charlevoix. These condos provide easy access to shopping, dining, and all-season entertainment.
- Harborside Condominiums have developed the reputation as a great family home condominium complex likely because they have a garage which is a highly sought after feature for condos in the area. A great feature of the Harborside condos is the 100 feet of shared frontage on Lake Charlevoix so there is room to enjoy the water for everyone.
- The Landings is a private condominium association of 56 lakefront condominium homes located on the southeast shore of Lake Charlevoix in Boyne City, MI. The Landings property has a large in-ground pool and pool deck, open grassy areas, a shallow inlet for mooring of PWC’s and small watercraft and a 56 slip marina that can accommodate watercraft up to 25 feet LOA.
- The Resort Cottages is a charming Lake Charlevoix community rich in lifestyle amenities, offering some of the most beautiful views in all of Northern Michigan.
- Sommerset Pointe lies on a gentle promontory of Lake Charlevoix's south shore and is an intimate and exclusive waterfront destination in Northern Michigan. Sommerset Pointe has a private beach, public Marina, restaurant, and Health Club. One of the great things about Sommerset Pointe is its location in down Boyne City and the water sports rental agency located on the boat docks directly in front of the condo complex.
- The Water Street Inn is a perfect place for a relaxing and memorable getaway. These condos are located steps from downtown Boyne City on the shores of beautiful Lake Charlevoix.
Boyne City Community Highlights
Affectionately known as "where life meets the lake" and from the moment you arrive, you'll see why. The community is home to a unique selection of attractions including Lake Charlevoix which has been honored among USA Today's list of Best Lakes in America. While the lake is the focal point, for things to do in Boyne City, there is never a dull moment. No matter the season, there is always something special happening. From musicians strolling the streets to art festivals, to being named the Best Main Street Community in Michigan, you'll enjoy every minute of your stay. From a leisurely afternoon on the Boyne River to the beauty of watching a sailboat catch a summer breeze, to the roar of a high-performance boat participating in the Boyne Thunder event, anything having to do with fun on the water is found in and around Boyne City.
When it comes to gathering day-to-day amenities, residents can find most of what they need off of Water Street where several local retailers are located. For added convenience, Boyne City is only twenty minutes from the larger center of Petoskey where you'll find a much more diverse selection of amenities.
Recreation is abundant in Boyne City real estate. Boyne City also has a bustling farmer's market, an art district, and wonderful street music.
One of the most famous attractions in Boyne City is the National Morel Festival held every May. Morel mushroom hunters from around the country come in search of these gourmet delicacies. Other great attractions include Boyne Mountain ski and golf resort, and Avalanche Bay-Michigan's largest indoor waterpark in nearby Boyne Falls.
Downtown Boyne City is the place to go when you're looking for great dining. The list of choices is long, the quality excellent and the opportunities to enjoy yourself are immense. There are more than 20 eating establishments in and around Boyne City, all offering a wide array of entrees.
Schools Near Homes in Boyne City, Michigan
The Charlevoix Intermediate School District (Char-Em ISD) is responsible for students in the Boyne City area. Char-Em ISD serves local school districts within Charlevoix, Emmet, and northern Antrim counties. The districts within their service area cover approximately 1,100 square miles and collectively operate 11 local public schools, three public school academies, and six private schools, serving more than 9,000 students. Boyne City Public Schools offer the following schools:
There is also a tuition-free charter school, Concord Academy, that is committed to fine arts as a necessary part of a child's education.
Charlevoix, Michigan - Lake Charlevoix Condominium Investment Opportunities
Nestled in the space between Lake Charlevoix and Lake Michigan, the city of Charlevoix is home to nearly 2,500 residents. As such, this quiet community enjoys great access to recreation along the lakes and conveniences at the heart of the big city. When it comes to the Charlevoix, MI real estate market, buyers will find that there is a nice selection of single-family homes and condominiums available. Note: We are including five condominium communities in this list that are actually on Round Lake, technically not Lake Charlevoix, but they are connected so it made sense to do so to us. Charlevoix condominiums for sale are some of the most sought after real estate options in Northern Michigan. Here are the Lake Charlevoix investment condominiums in Charlevoix, Michigan:
- Edgewater Inn Condominiums in downtown Charlevoix are highly sought after as the condos afford excellent views of world-renowned Round Lake. Enjoy all the summer festivities from your balcony along with close proximity to shopping and restaurants.
- Foster Boat Works Condominiums are a wonderful combination of waterfront, location, and amenities. The location on the shores of Lake Charlevoix is nearly impossible to beat.
- Harbor Watch Condominiums, have an exclusive location directly on Round Lake with magnificent water & downtown views plus access to Lake Michigan & Lake Charlevoix. In addition, the harbor watch association has a private clubhouse, pool, tennis and pickleball courts.
- Harbour Club Condominiums, located in downtown Charlevoix, offer some of the best views of Round Lake and downtown. One can easily walk to shopping, dining, nightlife and the vast amount of recreational activities a Northern Michigan community like Charlevoix offers.
- LeHavre Condominiums allow their owners to enjoy waterfront living with your boat right out front of the condo. Most condos come with a boat slip, garage, and the association has a swimming pool and clubhouse.
- Pine Lake Club Condominiums are close to the KCVX Airport, downtown, and on Loeb Bay across from Oyster Bay. These magnificent condos feature spectacular sunrise views and several have huge decks that overlook a sandy beach and marina.
- The Wharf Condominiums in downtown Charlevoix are highly sought after as the condos afford excellent views of world-renowned Round Lake. Relax at the lakeside pool, check out the yachts in the marina, and take part in the vibrant downtown atmosphere.
Charlevoix Community Highlights
Affectionately known as “Charlevoix the Beautiful,” Charlevoix has been ranked as one of the best small towns in America by CNN and Money Magazine. The community is home to a unique selection of attractions including the National Mustard Museum and Capital Brewery. This lively town is typical Northern Michigan - fudge shops, ferry docks, a beautiful marina, shopping and dining, and an in-town park with a bank shell for outdoor performances. Kids love watching the drawbridge, which opens every half hour to let big boats pass through.
Residents of Charlevoix enjoy a fantastic quality of life. Because of this community’s location on the shores of two lakes (Lake Michigan and Lake Charlevoix), locals are never more than a couple of miles from recreation along the water. Lake Charlevoix is popular among those who love to fish because of the fantastic range of species that populate the waters. While Lake Michigan allows boaters to travel to Chicago, Mackinac Island, and many amazing coastal cities.
When it comes to gathering day-to-day amenities, residents can find most of what they need off of Bridge St where several local retailers are located. For added convenience, Charlevoix is only twenty minutes from the larger center of Petoskey where you’ll find a much more diverse selection of amenities as well as North Central Michigan College.
Recreation is abundant in Charlevoix. The community is packed with green spaces and parks ensuring that no family is more than a short walk from a public park where they can play. The Charlevoix Fountain of Youth is an interactive, heated fountain in Charlevoix's East Park. The Fountain was designed specifically as a playscape for young children, featuring a safety-textured surface where water gushes, sputters and splashes in unpredictable patterns. The result is a squeal-inducing delight for little ones, who love to run around in the mini geysers. The fountain is open for playing every day between 10am-9pm. The nightly display where the water is programmed to "dance" to a music and light show starts at 9:30 pm.
Lake Michigan Beach is a popular white-sand oasis with all of the amenities: lifeguards, concession stands, restrooms, and picnic areas. It's also the place to catch gorgeous sunsets and is home to great rock hunting - especially for Petoskey stones. The beach is a short walk to downtown Charlevoix along the Pine River Channel.
Charlevoix Annual Events
Fourth of July, Venetian Festival, Charlevoix Art & Craft Show, Cultural Corridor Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11 Lunar Landing, Charlevoix Waterfront Art Fair, Antiques at the Fairground, Apple Fest, Charlevoix Parade & Tree Lighting, Charlevoix Bridge Drop New Year's Eve
Schools Near Homes in Charlevoix, Michigan
The Charlevoix Intermediate School District (Char-Em ISD) is responsible for students in the Charlevoix area. Char-Em ISD serves local school districts within Charlevoix, Emmet, and northern Antrim counties. The districts within their service area cover approximately 1,100 square miles and collectively operate 11 local public schools, three public school academies, and six private schools, serving more than 9,000 students. Charlevoix Public Schools offer the following:
- Charlevoix Elementary School
- Charlevoix Middle School/Charlevoix High School
- St. Mary's School is a Catholic Elementary and Middle School that is located in Charlevoix.
There is a tuition-free public Montessori education for Kindergarten through 12th grade. This is a unique opportunity for children in the Charlevoix area – a public school Montessori education.
East Jordan, Michigan - Lake Charlevoix Condominium Investment Opportunities
Homes to an artsy, outdoorsy community, East Jordan is perhaps best known as the gateway to one of Northern Michigan's coolest wild places: the Jordan River Valley, an 18,000-acre paradise loaded with old-growth forest and the pristine Jordan River. Because of the area's rich history, the homes for sale in the East Jordan real estate market are typically charming cottages and mature single-family homes, each with their unique perks and varying property sizes. If you're looking for a home with a little more privacy, it doesn't get much better than right here. Properties here, especially those on large parcels, are hugged by lush patches of woodlands and greenery, which further enhances that feeling of exclusivity and seclusion. Here are the Lake Charlevoix investment condominiums in East Jordan, Michigan:
- Harborage Pointe Condominiums were built around 2004 and located on the South Arm of Lake Charlevoix. These condos have private patios, paramount views of Lake Charlevoix, and sand beach for swimming right out front.
- Those who like a peaceful, wooded setting on the shores of one of the most beautiful and pristine lakes in Michigan will appreciate Hemingway Pointe Club Condominiums. The development began in 1982 and was turned over to its owners in 1989.
- Shoreline Condominiums are affordable lakefront living options in the South Arm on Lake Charlevoix. Most condos include a private 30' dock, and there is 137' of shared frontage and indoor boat storage.
- Smugglers Cove Condominiums are located on the South Arm of Lake Charlevoix. The association has an additional piece of property across the road in a park-like setting providing space for additional parking along with garages.
East Jordan Community Highlights
Residents of East Jordan enjoy a fantastic quality of life. Because of this community’s location on the shores of Lake Charlevoix, locals are never more than a couple of miles from recreation along the water. East Jordan is popular among those who love to fish because of the fantastic range of species that populate the waters.
Although the town itself is small, it has several services including its police department, fire department, and medical center. Residents will also find a small shopping plaza and several restaurants.
Nearby you will find great hiking and biking trails that will take you around Lake Charlevoix and down to the beach. And if you are raising a family the schools in the area are good and the affordability of a town like East Jordan, coupled with the amenities, make this a very attractive place to live in Northern Michigan.
For canoe and kayak enthusiasts, there are few more beautiful spots to paddle than the scenic Jordan River Valley. The high bluffs that surround the river reach nearly 500 feet in some places and are particularly gorgeous during the fall color season. Navigating the waters of the Jordan River doesn't require a ton of expertise, but complete beginners may prefer a guided group trip with Jordan Valley outfitters, which offers tours and a full line of kayak, canoe and tubing rentals.
Residents of East Jordan love to hang out at the local coffee shops and bakeries. There are also a few art galleries and boutique stores, which are always popular with tourists. For those with a flair for the outdoors, there is an extensive network of hiking and mountain biking trails nearby to explore, which leads up to the town's reservoir in the mountains.
A popular attraction in East Jordan is the Raven Hill Discovery Center. It was established in 1991, opening in 1992, and is the only place in northern Lower Michigan where children and adults can link science, history & the arts with hands-on activities and explorations both indoors and outdoors. The Center is located on 157 acres in Charlevoix County adjacent to Little Traverse Conservancy’s Raven Ridge Nature Preserve. Raven Hill is a teaching institution whose students are its visitors and its teachers are the collections and displays, just as much as the staff and volunteers.
East Jordan Annual Events
Raven Hill Summer Magic Festival, Music in the Park Concert, Raven Hill Nature Lovers Camp, 40th Annual Charlevoix County Senior Picnic & Health Expo
Schools Near Homes in East Jordan, Michigan
The Charlevoix Intermediate School District (Char-Em ISD) is responsible for students in the East Jordan area. Char-Em ISD serves local school districts within Charlevoix, Emmet, and northern Antrim counties. The districts within their service area cover approximately 1,100 square miles and collectively operate 11 local public schools, three public school academies, and six private schools, serving more than 9,000 students. East Jordan Public Schools offer the following schools:
Lake Charlevoix condominiums represent some of the best real estate investment opportunities in Northern Michigan. Reward yourself after putting in years of hard work by moving into a condominium community offering carefree living and generate rental revenue to offset carrying costs.
Focused on Northern Michigan Investment Real Estate
Brook is focused on lifestyle real estate investment properties as most people want a vacation home to make lifelong memories that endure for their entire family, leave a profound legacy for generations, and they want a solid financial investment at the same time. While the area does have many good realtors, there aren’t many with the unique financial, vacation home investing, and technology marketing background. Brook uses his diverse skill set to help clients properly evaluate and determine whether a vacation home makes financial sense.
Continue Your Northern Michigan Real Estate Search
Explore homes and real estate in the Northern Michigan communities below or contact Brook Walsh to help you with your search.