Experience the thrill of zooming through the trees on a Zipline Tour, race your friends on the Twin Zip Ride, or explore the ambiance of Northern Michigan from the saddle! The only thing you need to bring is yourself and your sense of adventure, we'll provide the rest. (Click here to see all Northern Michigan Ski Lifestyle Homes for Sale)
Cross Country Skiing
Pack up the kids or rally your friends to sample everything they have to offer - from gentle trails through pine forests to technical terrain designed to test even the most dedicated Nordic skiers. Whatever your preference or your ability level, Boyne Mountain Resorts trails are ready for your tracks. (Click here to see Northern Michigan's finest collection of ski-in/ski out vacation rentals)
Fat Tire Snow Biking
Boyne prides itself on finding the most fun ways to ride on the snow, so it only makes sense that they would offer Fat Tire Snow Biking! It's just as easy as riding a bike, only now you can ride on snow thanks to fat tires and their rad trail system.
Join Boyne for a groomer ride, and you'll have the opportunity to hop into the cab of a snowcat and chat up a member of their dedicated grooming staff while they prepare tonight's snow for tomorrow's fun.
Guided trail rides begin at the Boyne Mountain Stable, and take riders on an equine adventure through some of the resort's most remote, beautiful terrain.
Horse Drawn Rides
On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings, all winter long, you can bundle up and settle in while the horses do the walking. Boyne's horse-drawn sleigh rides depart every 30 minutes from the circle drive in front of the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa, and they're free for all resort guests.
Stop by the Boyne Mountain ice rink - located just behind the Clock Tower Lodge - and lace up your skates. Whether you're carving figure eights, throwing a triple toe loop, or doing your best just to stay upright, you're sure to have fun doing it.
Skiing and Riding
With 60 downhill runs, Boyne's commitment to snowsports is every bit as strong as it's always been. Plus, with seven terrain parks where skiers and snowboarders alike can catch air and push winter's boundaries, their slopes are the perfect place to blow off some winter steam.
With 4 km of dedicated snowshoeing trails, you'll have the perfect chance to explore some unexplored Boyne Mountain terrain with family and friends.
Tubing may just be the most fun you can have sitting down. Simply grab a tube, hook it on to the conveyor, then turn around, and take a seat; the Top Notch lift will take you to the top of the hill. On your mark, get set, go!
Feel what it's like to fly at speeds of 20-25 mph on lines up to 50 feet in the air and 780 feet in length. The adventure begins at the top of the mountain and routes you through trees and across the slopes of Boyne Mountain.
Annual Winter Events
Boyne is a strong believer in the importance of tradition, so that's why they're proud to host several annual winter events each year that have a long history of fun as follows:
- 6 for 1 day (December). The annual Boyne Mountain 6-for-1 Day returns and they sell six lift tickets for the price of one. Gather up your crew of friends, family or strangers and make Boyne Mountain your destination. Don't let silliness like work or school stand in the way, you have a purpose in life and Boyne Mountain's 6-for-1 Day only happens once a year.
This annual event pays homage to America's first six-person high-speed chairlift, the Mountain Express at Boyne Mountain. On this day only, six lift tickets for the price of one are offered at Boyne Mountain ONLY.
- Holiday Open House (December). The holiday cheer and activities are open to all on this special evening. Enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride, at the Mountain Grand Lodge, roaring bonfire and s' mores, arts and crafts, family holiday movie, shopping specials, live entertainment, holiday treats, and so much more!
- Lunch with Santa (December). Not only will the little ones have dozens of sugar plums dancing in their heads this holiday season, but they will also have jolly memories of having lunch with Santa. Bring your kiddos to Lunch with Santa at Stein Eriksen's from noon - 2 pm for a dream come true as they share their wish lists, sentiments, and most importantly, yummy lunch with Mr. Claus himself! Plus, it saves you a trip to the North Pole!
- Jingle & Mingle (December). Bring your small party to one giant celebration! Whether you're a small business, club, or group of friends, bring your small holiday party to a great big bash at Boyne Mountain Resort.
- Tie One On (Jan-March). Join Boyne Outfitters on Mondays January-March for complimentary fly fishing and fly tying social nights located in Mountain Grand Lodge Library.
The evenings will start at 6 pm with a short presentation on the week's topic (rigging, entomology, fishing patterns, etc). Then you'll get to tying - let your imagination run wild! Share your patterns/knowledge with fellow attendees and learn more each week. You'll receive a Boyne Outfitters discount card to use towards your purchase of fly tying materials each week. Also, when you use this card, you will be entered into a giveaway at the end of the tying season.
Bring your voice, materials, and great attitudes. If you don't have gear, Boyne Outfitters will have a selection of complimentary gear for novices, and a full selection of fly tying retail items to help stock your supplies.
Note: This is a social tying event, and is not solely intended as an instructional clinic. However, novices are welcome, and Boyne Outfitters is happy to answer questions and assist with techniques.
- Trivia Night (Jan-March). Test your knowledge Tuesdays 7pm-9pm in the Trophy Room! Teams and individuals are welcome.
- Community Appreciate Day (January). In appreciation of local patronage and support of our resorts and operations, Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands are pleased to offer a full day of FREE, all-access skiing and snowboarding to residents of Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego counties. Residents of these counties can show their driver's license or another form of identification with proof of residency at the resorts' lift ticket windows to receive a FREE lift ticket for the day.
- Family Apres Party (Jan-March). After a day on the slopes, bring the family into Stein Eriksen's for a kid-friendly après party! This family-fun event features a live DJ, kid's games with prizes, and drink and food features. Games include: Minute to Win It, Song Trivia, Hoola Hooping, Karaoke, Dancing, Limbo Conga Line, Lip Sync Contests
- Subaru Winterfest (January. WinterFest is a one-of-a-kind mountain destination and lifestyle tour where skiers and snowboarders can come together and share their passion for all things winter.
Enjoy daily giveaways and test the latest gear from Nordica®, Lib Tech®, Thule® and more. Learn how you can help Subaru and the National Ski Patrol support Avalanche Rescue Dogs. Subaru owners get VIP parking and a special gift while supplies last!
- 14 Annual Adgate Trophy (February). The Adgate Trophy race is hosted by Boyne's Ambassador of skiing, former Olympian, US National Champion, and 2009 US Ski Hall of Fame inductee Cary Adgate. The Adgate Trophy has historically attracted top talent from around the state and beyond. The course will be set on North Boyne. There will be divisions for men and women as well as age categories. The winners in the open divisions for men and women will have their names etched on the Adgate Trophy.
- Everett Kircher Cup (February). Named after the founder of Boyne, Everett Kircher, this slalom race will take place on the hill that started it all in Northern Michigan, Hemlock. Still regarded as the premier race hill in Northern Michigan, Hemlock always provides plenty of challenge for top racers from all over the state and beyond. There will be divisions for men and women as well as age categories. The winners in the open divisions for men and women will have their names etched on the Kircher Cup.
- Spring Break (March-April). There are a million ways to spend Spring Break at Boyne Mountain Resort. Whether you spend your days splashing where it's always 84° inside Avalanche Bay or soaring through the trees on a Zipline Adventure Tour - there's something fun going on every day.
- Hemlock Open (April). If you aren't quite ready to put your race skis away but you have thought about dusting off the clubs, then we have the event for you. The Hemlock Open is a two-person team competition. It consists of two runs of slalom in a dual format on North Boyne in the morning. In the afternoon, enjoy a two-person, 9 hole scramble. Each team member's best run is added together with their team golf score to determine the total team score. There will be prizes from Rossignol and Under Armour for top finishing teams and special event winners.
- Skitobertfest (October). Skitoberfest celebrates the coming winter with everything from ski gear, craft beer, food trucks, live music and performers, chairlift rides, bonfires, and so much more. Whether you're 7 years old, or 70, you'll find a fun activity to do, a delicious meal to eat, and a passion for all things winter - right before the first flakes fly at Boyne Mountain Resort!
- Christmas Eve with Santa (December). And all through the resort, creatures are stirring with cheer because Santa is HERE! Dine with the big man himself at Stein Eriksen's in The Clock Tower Lodge. With a delicious meal and great company, celebrate the joys of the season with fun for the whole family!
- Christmas Day Buffet (December). Celebrate the reason for the season with all those you hold dear at Stein Eriksen's - a very Merry Christmas, indeed! Eat your fill from a delectable spread of holiday dishes in the warm and cheery atmosphere overlooking the snow-covered slopes.
- New Year's Eve (December). Ring in the new year Boyne Mountain style - with a firework display, parties for the whole family, and much more. Choose from a dinner party in Stein Eriksen's, a family buffet in the Civic Center, a Children's Party and a Family Dance Party. With so much to do before the year ends - you simply can't go wrong at Boyne Mountain!
- Valentine's Day (February). A romantic journey with a scenic ride up the historic Hemlock chairlift, a brief spiced wine or hot cocoa warms up at Eagle's Nest, followed by a trek down Cold Springs with a bonfire and warm beverages at the halfway point. Finally, snowshoers will finish their trip at Stein Eriksen's to sit down to a three-course meal paired with live entertainment. $65 per person includes chairlift ride, hot toddy at the Eagle's Nest, snowshoe rental, hot beverage at the bonfire and three-course dinner.
- Presidents Weekend Fireworks (February). Join us as Boyne Mountain Resort celebrates Presidents' Weekend with a fireworks display from the top of Hemlock.
Best viewed from the base area in front of Clock Tower Lodge.
- Kids Festival Weekend (March). From inflatable obstacle courses, paintball, and rock walls to family movies, dance parties, and coloring contests, Kids' Festival Weekend is geared towards kids of every age! Take on a variety of fun for the whole family both on and off the slopes.
- Canadian March Break (March). From scavenger hunts and zipline tours to snowshoe suppers and snow tubing, there's plenty to keep you busy during March Break this year. Looking to hit the slopes with the family or splash with friends in Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark? Ski and ride to your heart's content or splash the days away from all break long - at par!
- Carnival Weekend (March). Whether you are skimming the pond in our annual Slush Cup or getting jiggy with it during the On-hill Party, you are bound to laugh at yourself and your friends. Carnival Weekend isn't recommended for kids, just for the adults that want to act like kids again!
- Easter Weekend (April). Easter is all about family and so is Boyne Mountain Resort! This Easter, make memories while splashing, brunching, and hunting for eggs at your favorite resort.
"I'd like to help you find the right Boyne Mountain real estate investment property. Send me a message or give me a call at 231.459.3179 to learn more today."Posted by Brook Walsh on