Holiday Rail Jam – December 29th, 2019
The Holiday Rail Jam is open to all skiers and snowboarders who want to "lay it on the line" and show us what you got. This is a judged event and top finishers will walk away with some great prizes like Boyne gift cards and SWAG from Under Armor. The rail jam will be a fast-moving competition with music, announcer, and various divisions based on the number of entrants. Spectators are welcome so come on out and get ready for a great show.
Stuff you need to know:
- Registration noon - 1:30 pm in near the entrance to the cafeteria at Boyne Highlands
- The entry Fee is $5.00
- Rail Jam will begin at 2 pm, location to be determined
- Divisions are dependent upon who signs up but rest assured there will be divisions for boys, girls, skiers, and snowboarders
- Top finishers will receive BOYNE Gift Cards
- Swag give away
New Year's Eve – December 31st, 2019
Ring in the New Year with The Highlands! With our famous Torch Light Parade and fireworks display, they have everything you need to make a memorable evening.
Bonfire and S'mores
Main Lodge near Ski Valet | 6pm-9pm
Zipline Adventure Tours
10am & 1pm -Horseback Trail Rides | 11am, 1pm, 3pm
12:15pm & 2:15pm -Twin Zip Rides | 4pm-8pm
Complimentary Treats and Hot Cocoa
Main Lodge Lobby | 4 pm
New Year's Eve Buffet
Main Dining Room | 5:30pm-9:30pm
Torchlight Parade & Fireworks
Zoo Bar New Year's Eve Party
NYE's Teen Party
Day Lodge | 10pm-12:30am
Community Appreciation Day – January 12th, 2020
In appreciation of local patronage and support of their resorts and operations, Boyne Highlands Resort offers a full day of FREE skiing/snowboarding and more to residents of Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego counties on Sunday, January 12, 2020. FREE access to the downhill trails at Boyne Highlands, plus the parks, pipes, and cross-country trails at our resort are available from 9 am to 4:30 pm.
Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego county residents need only show their driver's license or another form of identification with proof of residency at the resorts' lift ticket windows to receive a FREE lift ticket for the day. Ages 15 and under can ski and snowboard free during Community Appreciation Day if accompanied by an adult with proof of local residency. Community Appreciation Day lift tickets are good from 9 am to 4:30 pm. Many other specials and discounts are offered to residents of Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego on January 12.
- Ski & Snowboard Rental | Adult $20, Children (12 & under) $15, Helmets $5
- $15 Ski/Snowboard group lesson-advance reservations are required. Please call 231.526.3056.
- $10 all-day tubing (not included in the cost of a lift ticket)
- Free Nastar racing, 10 am-1:30 pm | register at the start house at top of the racecourse
- $15 Twin Zip Rides, 10a - 4p (two rides per guest)
- Bonfire & S'mores 12p - 5p Near Ski Valet
- $3 special for hot dog + soft drink and $3 pizza slice + soft drink in the Boyne Highlands Food Court
- $10 special on wings and a Bottle of Everett's Ale in Slopeside Lounge
- $10 special on pretzel bites and a pint of Zoo Brew in The Zoo Bar
- 20% off spa services | advanced reservations required. Please call 231.526.3846.
- $44 horseback 1-hour rides and $15 pony rides. Call the Adventure Center for Reservations at 231.526.3835
Murder Mystery Dinner – A Dance with Death January 12th, 2020
Boyne offers dinner at the Country Club of Boyne, all while enjoying a fun and challenging murder mystery! The event begins at 6 pm - plan for approximately 3 hours. The cost is $75 per person, which includes dinner, taxes, and 20% gratuity. Beverages are an additional fee.
A Dance with Death: A 1950’s Sock Hop Gone Sour
This 1950's prom is a doo-wop disaster! When a death on the dance floor makes this prom night a party foul, it is up to you to figure out whodunit and get this dance back on track. Trade clues with your guests, gather information about the crime, and reveal the punk that made this prom nowheresville. This night of laughter and dancing is now too heavy to razz anyone's berries, so it's up to you to find the murderer!
A word from the bird is this is one show you will not want to miss. This night is shootin' to swell despite the disaster. Ladies, bows, and pins in your hair will go nicely with your puffy sleeved prom gowns. Gents, you will look sharp in white and black suits or tuxes. Get ready to put on your thinking caps; you'll need your wits about you to solve this crime.
Second Annual Bourbon and Bacon Dash – January 17th, 2020
On Martin Luther King Weekend, Boyne invites you to indulge in all things Bacon & Bourbon! Not only will the food and drink specials take on this theme, but all of their events too. With the return of The Sizzler and a new Boarder Cross event on Sunday, you'll be sure to have plenty of barrel-aged fun.
Friday | January 17
Welcome Reception in Main Lodge Lobby | 5 pm -9 pm | Candied Bacon, Bacon Wine, Toss the Pigs
Saturday | January 18
- Bourbon & Bacon-inspired dining specials - All day, all dining locations!
- On Hill Cookout - Bourbon Bar, Pork Sliders 1 pm - end The Sizzler
- The Sizzler | Slope Style Competition - 3 pm
- Cookie Decorating | 4 pm
- Bourbon Pairing Dinner at CCB | 6 pm *limited seating
Sunday | January 19
- Bourbon & Bacon-inspired dining specials - All day, all dining locations!
- Bourbon tasting 3 pm - 6 pm | Olympic Room
- $40 per person 5 bourbon tasting tickets | complimentary bacon-inspired snacks | additional tickets: $3 per ticket
Skier/Boarder Cross – January 19th, 2020
This event will pit racers against one another, in a spectacular double-elimination style tournament, based on the racers' age, gender, and discipline.
Each race heat has four racers on the course at the same time, firing out of their allocated gates when the starting gun bangs - and battling it out on a course that includes banked turns, jumps, and other obstacles. Race against your friends and see who the real king of the mountain is. The first one across the finish line wins! The event is open to skiers and snowboarders, and everyone must have a valid lift ticket or pass, helmet, and signed release form.
Homecoming Weekend – January 24-26
Each year, right around the same time, users get the urge to celebrate the place, the people, and the traditions that make Boyne Highlands special. And this year, they're doing it again.
Join Boyne for the 2020 Homecoming Weekend - and experience the excitement as generations of the extended Boyne Highlands family come together for three days of uninterrupted, unforgettable fun. With familiar faces around every corner, you'll have plenty of chances to share memories of homecomings past - while creating a whole year's worth of new ones.
New! Fun racing events for families and competitors.
- Start gathering your team for the SNO-GO Hot Cocoa Hustle! This fun relay will require you and your team to get your tray of hot cocoa to the bottom of Leprechaun as fast as you can. With the skiing and running legs of this race, your whole family can join in on Saturday, January 25.
- All of these events are leading up to the BIG event. The one you've been asking for... THE HEAD DOWNHILL. That's right folks, they are bringing The Downhill back and it's better than ever. Mark your calendars for this premier northern Michigan racing event on Sunday, January 26!
Something Hot to keep you warm during the Downhill
Boyne Highlands Resort is excited to host the Harbor Springs Area Chili Cook-Off for a spicy tailgate during the Downhill action. Enjoy culinary delights from professionals and those less seasoned in the culinary arts. After tasting cast your vote for the best chili in the two categories as well as your favorite chili overall. You're the judge!
Four for One Day – February 2nd, 2020
Boyne’s 4-for-1 Day pays homage to Michigan's first high-speed quad lift. Boyne Highlands is offering four tickets for the price of one all day long. Mark your calendar and be sure not to miss this event.
Presidents Weekend – February 14-17 2020
Join Boyne as Boyne Highlands Resort celebrates Presidents' Weekend with a costume contest, rail jams, Valentine's goodies, and lots of family fun!
Welcome Reception | Friday, February 14, 5-9 pm
- Kids Valentine's Crafts
- Visits from Huey
- Valentine's Treats
Costume Contest | Saturday February 15, 12-3pm
- Ski dressed as your favorite president for a chance to win!
- Prizes will also be awarded on the hill for best-dressed skier/snowboarder
- Judging for best costume will take place in the Zoo Bar at 4 pm (right before the band starts)
- The entry is free!!
Rail Jam | Saturday, February 15 | Registration Day Lodge Lobby 12 - 1:30 pm | Competition Starts at 2 pm
- Entry Fee $5.00 (unless dressed like your favorite president)
- Top finishers to receive Boyne gift cards and swag from Rome snowboards
- All Competitors must wear a helmet
- Must be 18 years or older to sign the event waiver or have a parent or guardian present at registration to sign the waiver
- Register Online or on hill day from 12-1:30 pm
Entertainment | Saturday, Feb. 15th | Zoo Bar
- The Remedy 4:30 pm
The Highlands Winter Wine Tasting – February 22nd, 2019
Join Boyne for the third annual Winter Wine Tasting, representing 12 vendors from the Republic National Distributing Company who will carefully select 6-8 wines to feature exclusively for the event. The entrance fee grants guests unlimited tastings, accompanied by light hor oeuvres to compliment the delicate flavors and bouquets. Upon the conclusion of the event, guests will have the opportunity to purchase products from each vintner in attendance. This is a public event hosted by Boyne Highlands Resort and will take place in the Dornoch Room of the Country Club of Boyne.
The cost is $35 per person, purchased at the door. Must be 21+ to attend. The entrance fee affords guests unlimited tastings and hor 'd oeuvres. Additional purchases will not be included but can be made for an additional charge. The event will begin promptly at 3 pm at the Country Club of Boyne in the Dornoch Room and will run until 6 pm.
Great Lake Snow Series (Slopestyle and Halfpipe) – February 22-23 2020
Boyne Highlands will host skiers and snowboarders for a stop on the Great Lakes Snow Series tour. Events will include slopestyle under the lights scheduled for the evening of Saturday, February 22, and two halfpipe competitions on the morning of Sunday, February 23. These competitions are open to skiers and snowboarders who are USASA members.
Schedule of Events: Saturday, February 22
- Event Registration: 3-5 pm in Boyne Highlands Food Court
- Open Practice: 5-6 pm in Challenger Terrain Park
- Rider's meeting: 6 pm at the bottom of Challenger Terrain Park
- Slopestyle Competition: 6:10-7:30 pm in Challenger Terrain Park (end time is estimated)
- Awards: 8 pm (estimated) in Food Court general seating area
Schedule of Events: Sunday, February 23
- Event Registration: 8-10 am in Boyne Highlands Food Court
- Open Practice: 9-9:45 am in Challenger Terrain Park Halfpipe
- Rider's meeting: 11 am at the bottom of Challenger Terrain Park Halfpipe
- Halfpipe Competition: 11:15 am-1:30 pm in Challenger Terrain Park Halfpipe (end time is estimated)
- Awards: 1:30 pm (estimated) on the hill at bottom of halfpipe immediately the following event
For additional information please refer to the Great Lakes Snow Series website. https://www.usasa.org/regions/central/huck-finn. If you have questions please contact event organizers via email.
Highlander Friends and Family Race – February 29th, 2020
The Friends and Family Race at Boyne Highlands Resort has quickly become one of their most popular races of the season. As in the past, there will be a "Friends" division and a "Family" division with teams comprised of up to four ski racers. There will be prizes in each division, as well as a "non-NASTAR handicapped" winner in each division. This race is open to ski racers and snowboarders of all ages so, get your team together and enjoy a fun day of racing at Boyne Highlands.
11th Annual Ski Brew Festival – March 14th, 2020
Join Boyne for the 11th Annual Brew-Ski Festival, bringing together snow, craft beers, and entertainment, with fun on tap from morning through midnight - and beyond. Hit the slopes, share laughter with friends and join us at our sampling bars where brewery representatives from more than 150 breweries share their enthusiasm about more than 200 brews!
Kraze Daze – March 21st, 2020
Every year at Boyne Highlands, they celebrate spring with our something for everyone weekend of no holds barred festivities - Krazy Daze! Join us for live music, lighthearted activities, and upbeat events tailored to every member of the family. Whether you're a face-painted kid taking a pass at the Silly Slalom, or a kid at heartwarming up for the Ski Over the Pond competition at a tailgate party, you'll find enough fun and laughter to keep you smiling all weekend long.
Friday, March 20
6-9 pm: Face Painting | Main Lodge Lobby
Saturday, March 21
8am-12:30pm: Activity Registration | Food Court
- Participants must be 20 years of age or younger to register. Except for the Ski Over The Pond, all ages welcome!
- All participants must have a valid lift ticket or Season Pass
- Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash, but they are transferable
- Ski Over the Pond Registration is from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm ONLY
- Children's Activities Registration ending at 10 am
10 am-4 pm: Inflatables | Bottom of Camelot
11 am-4 pm: Face Painting | Food Court
11-11:45 am: Jumping Contest | Camelot
11am-12:30pm: Nastar Race | Leprechaun
1-2 pm: Silly Slalom | Camelot
2:15 pm: Slush Cup | Ski Over The Pond
4:30-5:30 pm: Awards | Food Court
4:30-8:30 pm: Get Crazy After Party | Zoo BarPosted by Brook Walsh on